Primary LocationCA-Los Angeles
Full-time / Part-timeFull-time
BS&R Job Posting
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
Banking Supervision & Regulation (BS&R)
Job Title: Project Coordinator III / Project Analyst I-II
Unit: Examination Support Unit, Division Support and Operations (DSO)
Location: Los Angeles
Summary of Position:
The Division Support and Operations Unit has an opening for a professional, energetic and team-oriented individual to serve as a Project Coordinator/Project Analyst in the Examination Support Unit in Los Angeles. The incumbent will perform activities that support the ongoing supervision of state member banks, bank holding companies, savings & loan holding companies, large community banking organizations, and branches and agencies of foreign banking organizations. This includes providing a high level of examination and technical support to examiners, managers, and officers for both the consumer compliance and safety and soundness examination disciplines. Although working in a team environment, this position requires the incumbent to operate independently on most assignments, which must be handled timely, simultaneously, and with a high level of attention to detail. The ideal candidate will also have strong communication, analytical, and problem solving skills.
Summary of BS&R:
BS&R is responsible for the supervision and regulation of state member banks (SMBs), bank holding companies (BHCs), savings and loan holding companies (SLHCs), financial holding companies (FHCs), data service providers, trust companies and foreign banking organizations (FBOs) that operate in the 12th District. Supervised institutions are located in all states of the District and range in size and complexity from small community organizations to some of the largest banking organizations in the country.
This role supports all BS&R institution groups by providing specialized examination/supervision support. This includes performing various activities or projects as outlined below:
* Assemble pre-examination and pre-inspection packages for examiners, which include downloading, importing, and verifying data from various database applications, requesting electronic workpaper databases, providing assistance to the examiner-in-charge during the preparation stage, etc.
* Perform report editing, finalizing, and mailing, and complete other internal processes to ensure the timely distribution of examination and inspection reports. This requires a strong proficiency in formatting and editing documents.
* Perform other examination support activities, such as, data entry into various technological environments, monitoring, preparing, and distributing of various forms and reports, scanning and posting correspondence in various locations, updating database profile information, etc.
* Finalize a number of regular writing assignments that are accurate and free of error.
* Assist stakeholders in providing required reconciliation reports to ensure that all matters are updated accurately in the National Examination Database (NED).
* Utilize, update, and maintain various databases such as Banking Organization National Desktop, NED, INSite, Examination Tracking Database, etc.
* Set priorities, meet deadlines, monitor work flow, and ensure work is performed in compliance with department procedures and standards (project management).
* Assist stakeholders with reporting and other needs by utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as applicable. This requires a solid understanding of these applications.
* Maintain comprehensive written procedures for assigned processes.
* Coordinate and complete ad hoc projects or assignments as identified.
* An applicant for employment in BS&R must be a US Citizen, US National, or hold a permanent resident/green card with intent to become a U.S. Citizen.
* Minimum of two to five years of related experience.
o For a grade 9, the Project Coordinator level requires an AA degree or five or more years of related on the job experience.
o For a grades 10 or 11, the Project Analyst I-II requires a Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent from a four-year college or technical school or equivalent two or three years, work-related experience, respectively.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, including editing and proofreading.
* Strong computer skills in all Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and Visio. Knowledge of Microsoft Access is also preferred.
* Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills. At a higher level, the ability to influence positive outcomes is expected.
* Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Skilled in daily planning, prioritization and juggling demands.
* Self-starter who demonstrates personal motivation and conviction. Has a “can do” attitude.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to maintain solid working relationships. At a higher level, the ability to influence positive relationships across the organization is necessary.
* Ability to work effectively with a team.
* Demonstrated professional demeanor to interact with management, staff and peers in the Unit, Group, and Division.
Candidates for the position must demonstrate the following behavioral competencies:
* Conceptual Thinking – Ability to identify connections among situations that are not obviously related, and use that recognition to address the situation at hand. It includes being able to see things in new ways and to innovate when necessary.
* Good Judgment – Ability to use reason to develop an appropriate course of action.
* Achievement – Having the internal drive to always do better and surpassing a standard of excellence.
* Flexibility – Changing and adapting in response to situations as they develop.
* Confidence – Belief in one’s ability to select an effective approach to a situation. This includes confidence in one’s ability to work with diverse individuals and/or increasingly challenging circumstances. It involves being comfortable expressing opinions and asking questions when in an unfamiliar situation.
* Teamwork – The willingness and ability to work cooperatively with others.
Advantages for Working at the Federal Reserve Bank:
Why us? We value excellence, integrity, collaboration, diversity, and work/life balance. We offer an excellent benefits package, an alternate work schedule, tuition reimbursement and an opportunity to work on a great team.
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our people proudly reflect the diversity and the ideas of the community we serve.