Post-doctoral position in Nizhny Novgorod (Russia)
We are seeking for a well trained and motivated researcher with a PhD to work on the project "The brain extracellular matrix (ECM) as a determinant of intercellular communication and a target for therapeutic interventions".
This project aims to elucidate
1) synaptic functions of different ECM components in the healthy brain and
2) how alterations in ECM are related to epilepsy and schizophrenia.
For more information, please see recent reviews:
* Dityatev & Rusakov (2011) Current Opinion in Neurobiology
* Dityatev et al. (2010) Nature Reviews Neuroscience
* Dityatev et al. (2010) Trends in Neurosciences
The research will be conducted at the newly opened Laboratory for Brain Extracellular Matrix Research at the University of Nizhny Novgorod under the supervision of Prof. Alexander Dityatev. Acquisition of the state-of-art electrophysiological and imaging equipment, supplies, competitive salaries, and training in leading European laboratories, are supported by a megagrant from the Russian Ministry of Education and Science. The project is developing in collaboration with the Institute of Applied Physics of Russian Academy of Sciences and Medical Academy of Nizhny Novgorod.
The prerequisites for application are:
1) expertise in patch clamp recordings in acute brain slices, which should be documented by publications in international journals;
2) good knowledge of English and at least some knowledge of Russian.
An experience in two-photon imaging would be advantageous. In addition to work on the project, the candidate is expected to contribute to training of students in electrophysiology.
The position is immediately open for a time limited till the end of 2012 initially, with the possibility of extension and establishment of own research group. Please submit your application letter, CV, lists of publications and research interests, and email addresses of two references to Alexander Dityatev, e-mail: dityatev(at)neuro.nnov.ru.